ALTER GREECE PRODUCTS & SERVICES
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
All business affairs with Alter Greece will operate under the below Terms and Conditions unless otherwise agreed in writing with Alter Greece.
It is important that you read these Terms and Conditions carefully before booking any Alter Greece activity. It will be deemed that the client has accepted these Terms and Conditions for any services purchased from Alter Greece.
The following words and expressions shall mean and be interpreted as described below:
“Services” or “tours” – Alter Greece programs, program, tourist activity or experience.
“Client/participant” – individuals, groups of people and/or tourist agencies who may book on behalf of others
“Company”, “We” – Alter Greece PCC
Alter Greece is a licensed Travel Agency (GNTO license no. 0259E60000630001), with its head offices located at 21, Tavrou St., 142 31 Nea ionia Athens, Greece. Alter Greece provides a range of tourist activities ie. Tastings, classes, workshops, walks and any other services and events for any travelers wishing to visit Greece. By agreeing to attend any of these services, the client/participant confirms that they have fully understood all Terms and Conditions mentioned herein and therefore declare that they accept and have agreed with all of them.
III. Services operated by the Company
Full information and details of any services operated by the Company can be found on the website www.altergreece.com. All services operated by the Company are subject to the Terms and conditions mentioned herein. As a general rule, the majority of the Company’s Services require a minimum number of attendees in order to take place. If this is the case, then the minimum number of participants will be shown under the description for this Service on the Company’s website.
We start planning the activities we offer a long time in advance. Occasionally, we have to update information in our website and other publications both before and after bookings have been confirmed. Whilst we always endeavor and make our best to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. Therefore, the Company reserves the right to cancel or amend a service up to 24 hours before the service is scheduled to start. Cancellations and/or amendments can take place for any reason, including but not limited to the minimum number of participants not being completed. The minimum number of participants for each service is 8 participants unless otherwise mentioned on each service description. In case a service is being cancelled by Alter Greece for not exceeding the minimum number of participants, then the client has the option to book an alternative service provided by Alter Greece, or apply for a refund equal to the cost of the cancelled service the client has paid.
IV. Services’ Pricing and details
* Whilst all efforts to complete the services as described on our website or other publications will be made, the company reserves the right to amend any details of the booking ie. Routes, prices, departure and arrival times etc without prior notice.
* Unless otherwise mentioned, all prices include local taxes and are on a per person basis.
* Prices quoted in the Company’s website and/or other publications are correct at the time of publication. The Company reserves the right to change the prices at any time. Prices quoted are in Euros.
* Please note that prices on the Company website and/or other publications do not include tips or any other personal expenses ie. Travel insurance. Standard insurance can be discussed on a case by case basis subject to extra payment agreed at the time between the Company and the Client/participant.
V. Client/Participant medical/special requirements to attend the Company Services
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons attending are normally in a good health and physically equal to the minimum demands of the chosen program. To ensure that this is the case
* All persons attending are asked to inform us either at the time of the booking or in any case any time before the scheduled start of the program, whether they suffer from any medical condition(s) which could prevent them from attending the program. Medical conditions which need to be declared include but are not limited to, epilepsy, limb or back injury, dizziness, heart conditions, food allergy, asthma, visual impairment, depression etc. Please make sure that you let us know whether you have recently undertaken any surgery and are still recovering from it. We also ask to be notified of any special dietary requirements such as food allergies but also whether the participant is a vegetarian or vegan etc. Considering the nature and details of our activities we will make every effort to meet your demands, however the Company cannot guarantee that all special nutritional and dietary requirements can be met. Please note that there may be a price increase to cover the extra level of work or cost to meet any additional requirements.
* Client/participants acknowledge and agree that they take part in the activities at their own risk. As mentioned above, standard insurance can be discussed on a case by case basis.
* To take part in any activity, the client/participant must hold a valid document issued by the Company upon final payment of the service. This can be either a voucher or a confirmation letter or any other similar document. Attendance can be refused if these documents are damaged, invalid or not applicable, and if they are not purchased from the Company.
VI. The Company’s ability to refuse participation
Even if all above requirements are met, the Company reserves the right to refuse attendance to activities to any client/participant or other individual in its absolute discretion. Attendance can be refused even if a valid document is presented. If attendance is refused then the client/participant will receive a full refund for any fees paid to the Company.
VII. Client/Participant Accessibility and Safety
Some of the services offered by the Company may require a minimum status of physical condition and abilities. The Company will not be liable for:
* any parts of the client/participant’s personal safety
* the safety of their personal items
* Any unforeseen events that the Company cannot control. These include but are not limited to accidents, thefts, illnesses or other incidents that take place during the course of the Services.
Every person taking part in the services, is fully responsible for their own personal health and safety and should take into account their medical and physical health status before attending any service.
The Company strongly recommends that client/participants check their own travel insurance contracts to clarify whether they are covered and if so for which part(s) of the Services.
At the same time, all clients/participants agree that they will follow the directions and instructions of the head of the service or instructor at all times, that they will not disturb others and that they will allow the head of the service to complete the service safely.
VIII. Booking Terms and Conditions (for day tours)
* Client/participants agree that all information provided during the booking process is accurate and complete.
* A booking is confirmed upon payment of the total cost of the tour. Payments can be made online using a credit card or a Bank Transfer. In any case a valid credit card will be provided as a guarantee. By providing the Credit Card details, the Client authorizes the Company to charge it in case the final payment has not been credited in our bank account 72 hours before the start of the tour or in case of cancellation, pursuant to our cancellation policy (see below).
* Once the full payment of the service cost has gone through, the client/participant will receive a confirmation email and invoice. The client/participant should keep a copy of this confirmation, and present this as proof of payment when requested. Any client/participant who does not present a valid confirmation document can be refused attendance to the service.
* If the client/participant would like to discuss any other means of payment, this will be discussed on a case by case basis.
* Clients/participants are strongly advised to read through the booking details and inform the Company as soon as they come across any errors. Alter Greece has the right to charge additional booking or/and administrative fees in case a service is being amended by the participant.
Cancellation and refunds policy (day tours)
The company understands that a Client/Participant may have to either change or cancel their attendance in a service. Therefore:
* To complete a change of dates or cancel a tour without any extra cost, the Client/Participant should provide written notification to the Company at least 5 days prior to the agreed Service date. Any changes in dates can be completed if and only if there are other dates available.
* If written notification to cancel a Service is received by the Company at least 5 days prior to the agreed Service date, full refund will be provided less 15% administrative fees and credit card fees.
* If written notification to cancel a Service is received by the Company between 2 and 4 days prior to the agreed Service date, 50% refund less credit card fees will be provided.
* If the Client/Participant decides to cancel their attendance 48 hours or less before the agreed service time, then no reimbursement will be provided. This is also valid for cases where the Client/Participant does not show up.
* The Company reserves the right to apply any changes, modifications and/or cancellation to the scheduled program, to ensure the safety of the Clients/participants and meet unexpected situations. Incidents out of the Company’s control including but not limited to strikes, wars (declared or undeclared), earthquakes, acts of government, natural hazards and phenomena, thefts etc. are considered force majeure and might incur cancellations or changes of the itinerary.
In case the Company decides to cancel the scheduled service before it commences, for any of the above mentioned reasons, the Client will receive either a refund of 50% of the fee, or a voucher to use for any other Company Service. The right to decide the cancellation or amendment of any of our Services remains the sole right of the Company.
Should a Service be cancelled for any such reason, after its commencement, then the Clients/participants will not receive any refund.
* The Company accepts no liability whatsoever for any expenses, costs or fees such as airline tickets, personal expenses, services and bookings provided by other companies, etc.
* No other refund will be provided by the Company except what is clearly indicated herein.
* Refunds will be returned within 25 days after the date of the cancellation.
* The date of the cancellation or amendment notice is the date said notice is received by Alter Greece.
IX. How I book (multi day and/or tailor made tours)
* To make a booking you can email us or complete our booking form. The person making the booking (the “lead name”) must be 18 years old or over and possess the legal capacity and authority to make the booking and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of everyone in their party.
* To confirm a booking for a multi day or tailor made tour, a deposit of 40% per person is required.
* Upon receipt of payment of the deposit (wire bank transfer or credit card), we will issue the deposit invoice. When you receive it please check the details carefully and inform us right away if anything is not correct.
* If you book online, the booking is confirmed only upon issuance of the deposit invoice. Alter Greece may refuse any booking and return the deposit to the Client, in its sole discretion.
* We communicate with you by e-mail. Please check your e-mails regularly. In certain circumstances we might communicate with you by telephone or post.
Final payment (multi day and/or tailor made tours)
* The balance payment is due not later than 50 days before the start of your tour. For bookings confirmed less than 50 days prior to departure, full payment will be required by the time of the booking and the confirmation. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if these deadlines are not fulfilled. In this case cancellation charges will apply.
* You may pay by credit card or wire transfer. Payments made by credit card or wired to our bank account are charged in euro. You can pay by credit card online, through our affiliate’s bank secured site. We accept Visa & Mastercard. A credit card fee of 1% is charged (above the cost of the tour for all payments paid to Alter Greece by credit card. In case the credit card issuer increases this fee, we have the right to increase the credit card fee accordingly. You will be notified in written in that case). For wire transfer, you can transfer the amount to the following bank account (any bank transfer fees are paid by the client):
Bank Eurobank Ergasias S.A.
Account no 0026.0244.19.0200994629
Beneficiary ALTER GREECE
Please refer your booking reference number, in order to trace the payment! The date the payment is credited to our bank account, is the date we consider as the accomplishment date of the payment. Upon final payment, we will issue and send you the final confirmation invoice.
In order for a confirmation to be considered as valid, the client must provide all necessary information requested by Alter Greece along with the final payment. Failure of provision of the above by the client up to 50 days before the start of the tour, is subject to an administrative fee of 80 euros per person charged to the client. In this case Alter Greece reserves also the right to consider this booking as cancelled and charge any cancellation fees that apply. The client will be notified via e-mail to provide these information during the booking process.
If you change your booking (multi day and/or tailor made tours)
* If the client may chooses to change any of the details of the booking or the tour date, after our confirmation has been issued, we will charge an amendment fee of 50€ per booking/person. In addition to this administration fee, any amendment to an existing booking, might also be subject to payment by the client of any costs charged by any of the suppliers providing parts of the tour.
* In case the client can not travel and we consider reasonable, he/she may transfer his/her booking to another person, according to the following:
* A written notification must be received from us by email at least 15 days prior to departure
* All original travel documents that you have received are returned to Alter Greece and you inform us about the full name and address of the person who finally will join the tour.
* All condtions that apply to the booking as well as the tour must be fulfilled by the substitute.
o Payment by you (the person that cannot travel) of any costs charged by any of the suppliers providing parts of the tour as well as an administrative fee of 40 euros/person.
If you cancel your booking (multi day and/or tailor made tours or boat tours)
As costs start to incur from the time any tour is confirmed, the following cancellation fees will apply. The date of the cancellation notice is the date said notice is received by Alter Greece via e-mail.
- If you cancel more than 50 days prior to departure, 100 euros per person administrative fees will be charged (plus credit card fees or bank charges, if any)
- If you cancel between 49 days and 30 days prior to departure, we will retain 40% of the total cost of the tour (plus credit card fees or bank charges, if any)
- If you cancel between 29 days and 11 days prior to departure, we will retain 80% of the total cost of the tour (plus credit card fees or bank charges, if any)
- If you cancel less than 10 days prior to departure, we will retain the total tour cost
- In case of non-show we will retain the total cost of the tour.
X. Client/Participant Obligations
Client/participants agree that they will adhere to all instructions as provided by the Company. They also agree to arrive at the agreed meeting point at least 15 minutes before the starting time for each service. Should the client/participant not arrive on time, the Company will consider this as a no show. The client/participant will not be able to follow the rest of the Service and no reimbursement will be provided by the Company.
XI. Participant Release of Liability
* Client/Participant expresses interest to take part in the Services offered by the Company.
* Client/Participant does not experience any minor nor serious physical or mental injuries, sickness and/or impairments such that would the Client/Participant receptive to accidents while taking part in any actions related to the Service.
* Client/Participant is completely and thoroughly aware of all risks related to the attendance at the Services, including but not limited to food allergies, exposure to difficult weather conditions, road accidents and death. Attendance to the Services is at the Client/Participants’ own sole risk and the Company cannot be deemed responsible for any incidents during the course of the Services.
* Client/Participants accepts total responsibility for all risks associated to their participation in the Services. Client/Participant on behalf of his/herself and/or any other person or entity acting on behalf of the client/Participant, hereby forever and thoroughly releases the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, employees, agents and insurers, from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation court and lawyer’s fees) in any way arising out of or resulting from, Client/Participant attendance to the Services, including without limitation any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injuries, loss or damage to the Client/Participant, to anyone else, to any property regardless of whether or not such death, injuries, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the Company or any of the release parties. Client/Participant release includes but is not limited to harm that may be attributable to or in any way arise from Client/Participant’s own conduct, behavior or history of pre existing conditions or dispositions. Client/Participant also accepts that the Client/Participant is financially responsible for any or all medical treatment considered necessary as a result of any such harm. Client/Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Client/participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation court and lawyer’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Client/Participants’ participation in the Programs.
* Client/Participant will cover all costs and extra fees stemming from any action or behavior of the Client/Participant resulting to damaging another person. Moreover, the Client/Participant agrees to compensate and hold the Company harmless from and against any such action and/or behavior.
* This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understand relating to the subject matter hereof. There are not representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
* None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Release Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for the same or similar acts at any subsequent time.
XII. Photographs taken during the tours
* Each participant agrees and confirms the possibility of our company to take photographs of him/her during the tour. These photographs might be used for the advertisement of our company including but not limited to being shown on our website.
* Only with our written permission can any photos taken by participants be used for any commercial purpose, including also the promotion of any supplier in Greece or abroad.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Alter Greece, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
The Website is not directed to children younger than 18, and service on the Website is only offered to users 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 years old, please do not register to use the Website. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to the Website represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
Payment and Renewal.
Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Alter Greece to you any Alter Greece or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Alter Greece. Alter Greece, WordPress, Alter Greece.gr, the Alter Greece.gr logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Alter Greece.gr, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Alter Greece or Alter Greece’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Alter Greece or third-party trademarks.
Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and the Domain Name Registration and Customer Service Agreement.
Changes. We are constantly updating our services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new Terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using AlterGreece.gr within the designated notice period. Your continued use of AlterGreece.gr will be subject to the new Terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
Termination. Alter Greece may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your AlterGreece.gr account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Alter Greece and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Alter Greece nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
Limitation of Liability. In no event will Alter Greece, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Alter Greece under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Alter Greece shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Alter Greece, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
Translation. These Terms of Service were originally written in English . We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Alter Greece and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Alter Greece, or by the posting by Alter Greece of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Greece, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Greece.
The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Alter Greece may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.