National Park experience in Athens
A totally different approach to South Attica. Instead of going directly to Sounion for one of the most famous ancient temples in Greece, Poseidon’s temple, we head for the Sounion National Park.
We will enjoy the feeling of a Mediterranean forest mixed with spirits from an ancient industrial era of wealth, through a 12 km walk on mild grounds among the pine-trees and the metalliferous rocks. ”More..”
We will experience breath-taking geological miracles, natural and manmade, learn about the evolution of mining from the Golden Age of Pericles to the late 80s, walking through a ‘live museum’ area. We will also visit a long closed archaeological site, maintained by the Lavrion Archaeological Museum.
We will spend lunch-time at a local tavern along with the locals.
Our last stop will be at the Sounion Temple, where we will have the opportunity for a swim in the crystal clear waters of Saronic Gulf as well as a guided tour to the spectacular temple of Poseidon.
For more flexibility on times/dates or for private tour, please contact us
- Transportation by lucxury air-conditioned coach
- Field Expert for the visit to the National Park
- Entrance tickets to the Temple of Poseidon
- Entrance tickets to the ancient industrial sites
- English speaking tour assistant
- Lunch at local traditional tavern
- General liability insurance
- All applicable taxes and VAT
- Transfer from/to your accommodation hotel to/from the meeting point.
- Beverages during lunch
- Anything not mentioned above
Our tours are semi private, designed and operated for maximum 15 participants. Join our semi private tour by selecting number of participants and dates.
This tour is children friendly (not suitable for children up to 6 years old).
Meeting point: Syntagma Square (downtown Athens)
When: Every Wednesday & Saturday
Duration: Full day (approx. 09:00 – 19:00
Rate: To be advised for private tour