National park tour
Give yourself the chance to explore the hidden side of South Attica around Poseidon’s temple, through an easy hiking tour in the National Reserve of Lavrion.
Walk the 12km path through the silver-mining remnants (486 - 413 BC) of the Golden Age of Pericles and explore the modern silver-mining ruins of the 19th and 20th centuries. ”More..”
Learn about the Attica geology and biodiversity side to side with our scientists and discover the exciting aspects of the human–nature co-existence.
The breath-taking Chaos ‘cave’ and the anatomy of ancient mining industry will make you see Ancient and Modern Athens under a whole new perspective.
For more flexibility on times/dates or for private tour, please contact us
- Transfer from/to meeting point
- An English speaking assistant for the whole tour
- Professional biologist for the tour within the wetland
- Lunch at local restaurant
- General liability insurance
- All applicable taxes and VAT
- Drinks at local tavern (one refreshment included)
- Ancient industrial plants tour
- Swimming in a local beach
- Guided tour to the ancient temple of Poseidon in Sounion
Info & Tips
Our tours are designed and operated for maximum 15 participants. Private tours are also available upon request.
This tour is children friendly (not suitable for children up to 6 years old).
Meeting Point: Syntagma Square
Where: One-hour drive from downtown Athens
When: Every day, provided that more than 8 persons will attend.
Duration: Full day