Alpine forests, lakes & wine
Alpine forests, lakes & wine
Greece is full of miracles. You will be astonished to find yourself on a mountain as high as 2000 m and within 30 minutes you can dive in the blue sea. The alpine forests and lakes on mountain Ziria prove that you can enjoy both mountain life and the beach, all in one. ”More..”
Some ninety-minutes-drive from the airport will bring you to the mountains, in a cozy family hotel, full of aromas and relaxed atmosphere. We will go for a soft hiking and along the way, depending on the season, we can pick our mushrooms or wild greens, instructed by our experienced local guide.
We will also visit the alpine lakes Stymfalia-Feneos, where we can experience horse-riding or just look for the special birds of Stymfalia that troubled Hercules so much during his 12 works. We will visit the Environment Museum of Stymfalia, and discover what life used to be in the shores of the mythical lake.
After leaving Ziria, we will drive through major wineries of southern Greece, following the divine wine routes of Corinth. With or without a stop at Ancient Corinth or the beach, depending on our moods, we will enjoy three exceptional wineries, tasting native grape varieties of red and white wines. Agiorgitiko, Moschofilero, Mavrodaphne are only a few of the exotic names of wines exported all around the world.
Our tour continues with a 2-day escape in Attica, where we will experience its ancient aromas and its nature.
For more flexibility on times/dates or for private tour, please contact us
- Luxury airconditioned coach for transportations and tours
- 3 overnights on the mountain villages
- 2 overnights in Athens
- An English speaking tour assistant for the whole tour
- Guidance and activities according to the above described activities
- Field experts as described above on each activity
- Admission to the environmental museums and 3 wineries
- 3 lunches and 3 dinners in local restaurants or on our accommodation hotel.
- Wine tasting of different wines during our visit to the wineries.
- Breakfast daily
- Farewell gift upon departure
- General liability insurance
- All applicable taxes and VAT
- Air tickets (from/to your city of residence)
- Transfer from/to Athens International Airport on day 1 and day 7.
- Drinks & beverages during lunches and dinners
- Tours and experiences during your stay in Athens (Check here our specially designed Athens daily tours or cotanct us for more suggestions)
- Anything not mentioned above
Our tours are semi private, designed and operated for maximum 15 participants. Join our semi private tour by selecting number of participants and dates.
This tour is children friendly (not suitable for children up to 6 years old).
Where: Corinthia perfecture (2 hours drive from Athens)
When: Fixed departures on the 13th, the 20th and the 27th of October 2019
Duration: Full 6-day program (5 overnights)
Day by day program: To be sent upon request. Contact us for the itinerary details.
Rate: To be advised for private tour