National Park experience in Athens
A totally different approach to South Attica. Instead of going directly to Sounion for one of the most famous ancient temples in Greece, Poseidon’s temple, we head for the Sounion National Park.
We will enjoy the feeling of a Mediterranean forest mixed with spirits from an ancient industrial era of wealth, through a 12 km walk on mild grounds among the pine-trees and the metalliferous rocks.
We will experience breath-taking geological miracles, natural and manmade, learn about the evolution of mining from the Golden Age of Pericles to the late 80s, walking through a ‘live museum’ area. We will also visit a long closed archaeological site, maintained by the Lavrion Archaeological Museum.
We will spend lunch-time at a local tavern along with the locals.
Our last stop will be at the Sounion Temple, where we will have the opportunity for a swim in the crystal clear waters of Saronic Gulf as well as a guided tour to the spectacular temple of Poseidon.
- Transfer from/to meeting point (BR2018 venue)
- Expert for the visit to the National Park
- Entrance tickets to the Temple of Poseidon
- Entrance tickets to the ancient industrial sites
- English speaking tour assistant
- Lunch at local tavern
- General liability insurance
- All applicable taxes and VAT
- Drinks and beverages during lunch
- Anything not mentioned above
This tour is designed and operated for a minimum of 10 participants.
This tour is children friendly.
Where: South Attica (1 hour drive from downtown Athens)
When: 8th and 9th of May 2018
Duration: Full day (approx. 09:00 – 17:00)